Bob is known for practical, business-oriented solutions to complex corporate restructurings and wind-downs.
Whether acting as lead counsel to middle market companies or as sophisticated co-counsel to major corporations, Bob combines deep knowledge of Bankruptcy and Corporate law with a keen understanding of the Delaware Bankruptcy Court. With 30 years of experience, clients rely on him for insights into how similar cases have been handled historically, how certain judges react to certain issues, and, generally, how best to position his clients for success. Both a negotiator and a litigator, he seeks the solution most likely to achieve the desired business goal, whether in the conference room or the courtroom.
His approach is both strategic and collaborative. He works closely with senior management, financial advisors, investment bankers, and other professionals to develop and execute successful exit strategies.
In addition to his Delaware practice, Bob is admitted to the Southern District of New York, where he serves as special counsel to boards, independent committees, and conflict counsel.
Bob has represented clients in all aspects of the chapter 11 restructuring process, including debtors, official committees, lenders, ad hoc committees, secured and unsecured creditors and purchasers.
Bob is consistently ranked by various publications as a leading Bankruptcy/Restructuring attorney. Ranked in the top tier by Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, colleagues noted that, “deeply knowledgeable” [Robert Brady] represents clients in all aspects of business restructuring and is experienced with chapter 11 cases. Peers say: “He is incredibly smart, knows how to get a deal done and is very easy to work with.”
- Penn State Dickinson School of Law (J.D., cum laude)
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (B.S.)
- New York
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Chambers USA - America's Leading Lawyers for Business, Bankruptcy/Restructuring, 2006 - Present
- Lawdragon 500 Leading U.S. Bankruptcy & Restructuring Lawyers, 2020
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Bankruptcy and Creditor-Debtor Rights Law, 2005 - Present
- Delaware Super Lawyers®, Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights, 2007 - Present
- Who's Who Legal, Insolvency & Restructuring, 2016 - Present
Memberships and Affiliations
- American Bankruptcy Institute, Member
- American College of Bankruptcy Professionals, Fellow
- American Bar Foundation, Fellow
- American Bar Association, Member
- Federal Bar Association, Member
- Turnaround Management Association, Member
- 2011 Light The Night Corporate Walk Chair