Complex workplace problems require simplified solutions. Scott Holt applies this concept to provide timely, practical solutions to a variety of business problems, from employment-related issues to unfair competition and other business disputes, so clients can remain focused on achieving their business objectives. This strategy works. In a 2017 survey conducted by Chambers USA, clients praised Scott as “absolutely fantastic,” and commended his ability to provide “well thought-out creative solutions and suggestions.”
Scott understands that responsiveness is one of the keys to fixing business problems. Whether it’s a competitor trying to steal trade secrets or customer goodwill, or solicit employees, or an internal dispute involving claims of discrimination, harassment, wrongful termination, or unpaid wages, clients need prompt and effective guidance to avoid making costly errors. Scott provides value by developing a thorough understanding of the problem and implementing a plan to achieve the most effective business solution.
When disputes arise, escalate, and leave no alternative but litigation, Scott has over 20 years of experience representing clients in state and federal courts, administrative hearings, and arbitrations. Scott is also an effective appellate advocate, handling cases in state and federal appellate courts around the country.
Scott is editor of the Delaware Noncompete Law Blog and the Delaware Employment Law Letter. He is actively involved in the Employment Law Alliance (ELA), one of the world’s largest labor and employment lawyer networks, that provides multi-state and multinational companies with cost-effective services worldwide. He also is a member of the Employers Counsel Network (ECN), an organization of over 200 employment law attorneys from top-level law firms in all 50 states plus Washington, D.C., and Canada.
- Widener University Delaware Law School (J.D.)
- with Honors
- Temple University (B.A.)
- with Honors
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- The Best Lawyers in America®, 2018 Wilmington, DE Labor Law - Management "Lawyer of the Year"
- The Best Lawyers in America®, 2017 Wilmington, DE Employment Law - Management "Lawyer of the Year"
- Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business®, Labor & Employment, 2006-Present
- "The 100 Most Powerful Employment Attorneys in America" by Human Resource Executive magazine and Lawdragon, 2009
Memberships and Affiliations
- American Bar Association, Litigation and Labor and Employment Sections, Member
- Delaware State Bar Association, Labor and Employment Section, Past Chair and Member
- Society for Human Resource Management
- Employers Counsel Network
- Employment Law Alliance
- Children's Beach House, Board of Trustees