Adria has more than 15 years of experience counseling and representing employers on a wide range of labor and employment matters. She specializes in the defense of employment discrimination lawsuits, including Title VII, ADEA, ADA, FLSA, FMLA, and retaliation. Her litigation experience includes state and federal lawsuits, labor arbitrations, and administrative proceedings. She has successfully litigated cases through bench and jury trials.
In addition, Adria counsels employers on a broad spectrum of employment-related topics such as employee discipline and termination; internal complaints and investigations; employee leaves of absence and absenteeism; and employment policies and handbooks.
Adria is a regular speaker on employment-related topics. She has presented to national audiences on Family/Caregiver Discrimination and Pregnancy Discrimination, and the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act (GINA). She also trains individual employers in various areas of employment law, including sexual harassment, performance evaluations and documentation, and exceptions to at-will employment.
Adria also counsels public sector clients on compliance with Delaware’s procurement laws and Freedom of Information Act.
She has contributed to the Delaware Employment Law Blog as well as the Delaware Employment Law Letter and the Sloan Work and Family Research Network Blog.
- George Mason School of Law (J.D.)
- with Honors
- College of William & Mary (B.A.)
- Virginia (inactive)
- U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
Memberships and Affiliations
- Delaware Bar Journal, Editorial Advisory Committee
- Who's Who in Work and Family, Sloan Work and Family Research Network (Boston College)
- Delaware State Bar Association, Labor and Employment Section, Member
- American Bar Association, Labor and Employment Section, Member
- American Embassy Employees Association, Budapest, Hungary Board of Directors (2013-16)
- Family & Workplace Connection, Board of Directors (2006-09)