Alberto focuses his practice on corporate and commercial litigation in Delaware’s federal and state courts, particularly the Court of Chancery. He utilizes his broad experience in corporate and commercial law, procedure, and eDiscovery practices, to develop strategies addressing clients’ needs in the courtroom and the boardroom. Alberto has handled matters for corporations and alternative entities alike involving corporate/entity governance, advancement and indemnification, books and records demands, and contractual disputes.
Alberto’s litigation experience provides him a unique advantage in his transactional work and vice versa. His litigation practice gives him the skills to recognize what is important in a transaction while his transactional knowledge lets him effectively argue for or against a transaction in litigation.
In law school, Alberto served as a judicial intern for the United States Bankruptcy Appellate Panel for the First Circuit, and as a legal intern for the Office of the General Counsel at the Office of the Treasurer of Massachusetts. He also served as the Managing Editor for the Boston University International Law Journal and as a research assistant focusing on the legal and accounting aspects of executive compensation.
- Boston University School of Law
- University of Florida (B.S.)
- New Hampshire
- U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Hampshire
- Boston University International Law Journal, Managing Editor
Memberships and Affiliations
- Delaware Board of Bar Examiners, Associate Board Member
- Office of the Child Advocate, Delaware, Child Attorney on behalf of abused and neglected children
- Delaware State Bar Association
- Multicultural Judges & Lawyers Section, Secretary (2018 – Present)
- Women & the Law Section, Member
- Delaware Hispanic Bar Association, Secretary (2018 – Present)
- Hispanic National Bar Association
- Deputy Regional Present, Region IV (2018 – Present)
- Young Lawyers Division Representative, Region IV (2018 – Present)
- American Bar Association
- Business Law Section, Member