Having devoted her entire career — over 35 years — exclusively to Delaware workers compensation law, Cassandra Roberts is widely acknowledged as the preeminent authority in the field. Known for her broad skill set in representing employers and insurance companies in the quasi-judicial setting of Delaware’s Industrial Accident Board (IAB), she is also an accomplished mediator in the state’s Superior Court.
Cassandra’s encyclopedic knowledge of workers compensation law makes her highly attractive to clients seeking cost-effective “full and final” outcomes that insulate them from future exposure. Her reputation as an aggressive litigator precedes her, and often serves as a strong incentive for plaintiffs to settle short of litigation.
As founder and editor of The Delaware Workers Compensation Update, Cassandra reads, absorbs, and comments on every decision of the Delaware IAB. Four times per year, she identifies trends, assesses outcomes, and maintains a comprehensive inventory of case law, which she makes available to every workers compensation lawyer in the Delaware bar.
- Representing injured workers and employers and insurance carriers in workers compensation claims. Clients include Travelers Insurance, The News Journal, Boscov's, Quest Diagnostics and several local municipalities
- Editor of The Delaware Workers Compensation CaseLaw Update, highlighting recent decisions of precedence from the Industrial Accident Board, considered the only reporter service for Delaware IAB rulings
- Author of Delaware Detour and Frolic, a national blog on Delaware workers' compensation law, nationally recognized as one of the 25 best legal blogs on this subject every year since its inception
- Penn State The Dickinson School of Law (J.D.)
- University of Delaware (B.S., magna cum laude)
- Larson's National Workers Comp Advisory Board. Delaware Delegate
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Workers' Compensation Law, 2005 – Present
- Cases featured in The News Journal and Delaware Today magazine
- Repeatedly named a "Top Lawyer" in Workers Compensation by Delaware Today magazine, and has the distinction of being the only practitioner ever cited as outstanding for both claimant and defense practice
- Selected in 2007 as a "Top Lawyer" in Corporate Counsel for its Annual Guide to Health Care, Workers' Compensation and Employee Benefits Law
- Selected in 2009 to join the Larson's' National Workers Compensation Advisory Board as its Delaware expert
- Annual faculty member, speaker and author for Sterling Education's Advanced Workers' Compensation Seminar
- Faculty for annual seminars sponsored by Coventry Managed Care, ATI Physical Therapy, and The Delaware State Bar Association's Annual Workers Compensation Seminar, among others.
Memberships and Affiliations
- Delaware State Bar Association, Workers' Compensation Section; current Section Chair
- Randy J. Holland Workers' Compensation Inn of Court, Administrator and co-founder
- DSBA Case Law Update Committee, Chair
- DSBA Continuing Education Committee, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Larson's National Workers' Compensation Advisory Board
- Defense Research Institute