Curtis Crowther helps both individuals and businesses avoid or minimize litigation risks through advance planning, including the review of contracts, agreements and other operational documents. These preventive law measures promote the client’s long-term business goals and make litigation outcomes more predictable. As both an alternative dispute resolution advocate and a neutral, Curtis also utilizes ADR procedures such as mediation or arbitration to help reduce the overall costs associated with protracted litigation. He has received the Delaware Superior Court’s Certificate in Advanced Mediation Training and is certified as a mediator by the Delaware State Bar Association and the Superior Court of Delaware.
Should litigation prove unavoidable, Curtis can represent you or your business interests all the way through trial and appeals. He has appeared in, and argued a variety of matters before, all of the courts in Delaware including: Supreme Court, Court of Chancery, Superior Court, Court of Common Pleas, Justice of the Peace Court, United States District Court and the United States Bankruptcy Court as well as courts in Pennsylvania and across the country.
- Curtis has experience in many areas of commercial and civil litigation, including litigation involving ERISA, trusts & estates, employment, construction, consumer law and warranties, contracts, commercial collections, real estate and general commercial and business-related litigation and alternative dispute resolution.
- He also has substantial experience in bankruptcy litigation including both prosecuting and defending preference and other avoidance action litigation in bankruptcy courts.
- Widener University Delaware Law School (J.D., cum laude)
- Neumann University (B.A., magna cum laude)
- U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. Supreme Court
Memberships and Affiliations
- American Bar Association (Litigation, ADR & Business Law Sections)
- Delaware State Bar Association
--DSBA ADR Section (Secretary, October 2015 – April 2016 and Vice Chair, April 2016-April 2017)
- Delaware Volunteer Legal Services, Inc., Volunteer
- Delaware Limited Pro Bono Assistance Program, Volunteer