"Federalization of Corporation Law in a Time of Crisis- Which Institutions are Best Able to Improve Corporate Governance and Performance Going Forward," Panel Discussion, ABA Business Law Section's Fall Meeting
Handouts from this recent panel discussion are now available. Please download the pdf entitled "Handouts" located under Related File, right hand column.
The financial meltdown injected urgency to the debate about the roles of federal and state law in corporate governance. Rolin P. Bissell will moderate a panel that includes members of the Delaware judiciary, federal regulators and practitioners discussing who should make the rules on proxy access, executive compensation and fiduciary duties and what those rules should be.
- Hon. Myron T. Steele, Chief Justice, Supreme Court of Delaware, Dover, DE
- Hon. J. Travis Laster, Vice Chancellor, Delaware Court of Chancery, Wilmington, DE
- Jill E. Fisch, Perry Golkin Professor of Law and Co-Director, Institute for Law and Economics, University of Pennsylvania Law School, Philadelphia, PA
- Thomas J. Kim, Chief Counsel and Associate Director, Division of Corporation Finance, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, Washington, DC
- Michele E. Rose, Partner, Latham & Watkins LLP, Washington, DC