James focuses his practice on corporate and commercial litigation in the Delaware Court of Chancery and the Complex Commercial Litigation Division (“CCLD”) of the Delaware Superior Court. A reliable resource for tackling complex legal issues, he takes great pride in producing quality research and writing under the tight deadlines inherent in his practice, and in spotting the hidden facts and issues that can make a true difference in litigation.
Before joining Young Conaway, James was a law clerk for the Chief Judge of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia, a litigation paralegal, and an English teacher at the Blue Ridge School, an all-boys boarding school in St. George, Virginia. James studied law at the University of Virginia, receiving the Alan J. Hofheimer Scholarship (Law School Foundation) and the Augustine J. Todd Scholarship (Virginia Society of the Cincinnati), and earned a bachelor’s in history from Duke University, where he served as Senior Warden of the Duke Episcopal Center and wrote for the school newspaper.
- University of Virginia School of Law (J.D.)
- Duke University (B.A.)
- U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- Honorable Rebecca Beach Smith, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- Former Articles Editor of the Virginia Journal of Law & Technology
- LTC4eDiscovery/eDisclosure Core Competency
Memberships and Affiliations
- Delaware State Bar Association, Member
- Virginia State Bar, Member