Closely-held companies and the people who own and manage them regularly call on John (“Jack”) Kuffel to help them navigate both their legal and business issues. Jack’s extensive transactional skills and background as a certified public accountant, combined with his understanding of personal and familial goals, are unique and valuable resources for his clients. Clients appreciate Jack’s proactive and practical approach to solving their legal and business issues.
- Counseling companies on complex business transactions, including, corporate restructurings, financing transactions, business acquisitions, franchise matters, and employment matters
- Representing businesses with general transactional advice, including corporate charter documents and shareholders agreements, LLC agreements, succession planning, and corporate governance
- Counseling commercial real estate developers in a broad range of transactions, including real estate financing, title matters, development and project agreements, leases, easements, and condominium matters
- Providing legal opinions to nationally recognized rating organizations and lenders on a broad range of matters, including formation and existence, power and authority, authorization, perfections of security interests, non-consolidation, and bankruptcy-remoteness.
- University of Miami School of Law (LL.M. in Taxation)
- University of DePaul College of Law (J.D.)
- Michigan State University (B.A.)
- Chambers USA - America's Leading Lawyers for Business, Real Estate, 2009-Present
- Delaware Today - Top Lawyers, Real Estate Law, 2019-Present
Memberships and Affiliations
- Delaware State Bar Association, Member and Past Chairman of the Real and Personal Property Section
- Maryland State Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Past Chairman of the Wilmington Strategy and Community Service Committee of The Rotary Club of Wilmington, Delaware