Joseph practices in the firm’s Intellectual Property Litigation group and focuses on patent litigation. Joseph leverages his background in bioengineering and service as a Patent Examiner at the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) to represent clients in federal and state courts in complex disputes in all phases of litigation involving patents, trade secrets, trademarks, copyright, and breach of contract.
Joseph has experience with technologies in industries including pharmaceuticals, biologics, electronics, computer hardware/software, consumer goods, medical devices, blockchain, fintech, Internet-of-things, E-commerce, and telecommunications. Joseph also advises clients on transactional matters involving intellectual property.
While in law school, Joseph served as a judicial extern in the U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland for the Honorable Marvin J. Garbis, who was a founding member of the Patent Pilot Program for the District of Maryland. Before law school, Joseph also gained a broad range of experience in the biopharmaceutical industry.
- University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law (J.D., 2018)
- Intellectual Property Law Track
- University of Maryland (B.S., 2015)
- District of Columbia
- New York
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims
Memberships and Affiliations
- American Bar Association (ABA), Intellectual Property Law Section
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)
- Federal Circuit Bar Association (FCBA)
- Food and Drug Law Institute (FDLI)
- International Society for Pharmaceutical Engineering (ISPE)
- The Veterans Consortium Pro Bono Program