Katie McCormick litigates internal governance issues and complex commercial disputes, appearing most often in the Delaware Court of Chancery. She is known for her deep knowledge of Delaware’s constantly evolving legal standards, and her ability to apply that knowledge quickly to assess risk and inform her clients’ litigation strategy.
Katie’s confident, open-minded approach makes her highly effective in both lead and co-counsel roles. She has collaborated extensively with non-Delaware attorneys, helping them navigate both the complexities of Delaware law and the unique culture of the Delaware legal community.
Corporate, alternative entity, and commercial litigation, primarily in the Delaware Court of Chancery.
Litigation involving expedited proceedings, including requests for temporary restraining orders and preliminary injunctive relief.
Experience in a variety of substantive areas, including: Delaware corporate and alternative entity law, control disputes, stockholder activism, derivative litigation, mergers and acquisitions, access to books and records, indemnification and advancement, complex contractual agreements, arbitration agreements, covenants not to compete, and trade secret misappropriation.
- Notre Dame Law School (J.D.)
- Harvard University (A.B., cum laude)
- U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware
- Chambers USA - America's Leading Lawyers for Business, Chancery, 2016 - Present
- Under 40 Hot List, Benchmark Litigation 2016
- Recipient of the Roxana Arsht Fellowship for work in the non-profit legal sector
Memberships and Affiliations
- Delaware State Bar Association, Women and the Law Section, Member
- Delaware Volunteer Legal Services, Volunteer
- First State Montessori Academy, Inc., Founder and Board Member
- St. Patrick's Day Society, Member