In-depth analysis of the facts is essential to successful litigation. Kevin Guerke’s ability to pare down voluminous information into digestible evidence for a judge or jury at trial gives his clients an edge in high-stakes litigation. When complex disputes are involved, Kevin is able to quickly grasp the issues and develop pragmatic courtroom strategies. Due to his broad knowledge of both corporate and commercial issues, Kevin maintains a diverse litigation practice that has led to successful jury and non-jury trials in every state and federal trial court in Delaware, including multi-million dollar disputes in the Delaware Court of Chancery and Superior Court. His experience is ideally suited for the sophisticated and fast-paced litigation that is the hallmark of the Delaware Bankruptcy Court.
Whether it is commercial litigation in bankruptcy court, fiduciary or trust litigation in the Court of Chancery, or commercial litigation in the Superior Court, Kevin has the determination and litigation know-how to succeed in clients’ most important matters in Delaware courts. That varied practice lead to successfully certifying the first construction and first fraud class actions in Delaware. In numerous peer rankings, colleagues and counterparts have recognized Kevin as a respected trial advocate who does not hesitate to handle the most demanding or time sensitive matters.
Bankruptcy litigation involving debtors’ adversary proceedings and contested matters, creditors’ committee investigations, and mass tort future claimants’ representatives.
Litigation involving fiduciaries, corporate governance, and administration of Delaware common law trusts on behalf of institutional trustees and high net worth individuals.
Complex commercial litigation involving busted deals, large scale construction projects, and class actions.
- Penn State Dickinson School of Law (J.D.)
- University of Delaware (B.A.)
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Supreme Court of the State of Delaware
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware
- Honorable Jerome O. Herlihy, Judge, Superior Court of the State of Delaware
- Martindale-Hubbell “AV” Rating
- Top Lawyer - Business Litigation and Construction Litigation, Delaware Today Magazine, 2018 - 2020
- Delaware Super Lawyers®, Rising Star - Business Litigation, 2015
Memberships and Affiliations
- Delaware Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Delaware Lottery Commission, Commissioner
- Richard S. Rodney Inn of Court, Member
- Delaware Supreme Court Board of Bar Examiners, Former Associate Member
- American Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, Former District Representative