The Honorable Christopher S. Sontchi, Chief Judge of the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware, issued the below order on March 16, 2020 concerning the Court’s procedures in light of the COVID-19 outbreak.
IN THE UNITED STATES BANKRUPTCY COURT
FOR THE DISTRICT OF DELAWARE
WHEREAS, the Bankruptcy Court is monitoring the outbreak of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). Given the risk of transmission and the potentially serious consequences, the Bankruptcy Court has implemented procedures to protect Court personnel and the public from the spread of this disease.
NOW, THEREFORE, it is hereby Ordered as follows:
1. All hearings, status conferences, trials and any other matters scheduled to be held in open court ("Court Hearings") that are not time sensitive are continued to a date to be determined on or after April 15, 2020.
2. The presiding judge shall determine on a case by case basis whether Court Hearings are time sensitive.
3. Unless otherwise ordered by the presiding judge, all Court Hearings that are held prior to April 15, 2020 shall be held telephonically and/or by video conference.
4. The manner of submitting evidence in telephonic and/or video conference Court Hearings held prior to April 15, 2020 shall be determined on a case by case basis by the presiding judge.
5. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Chapter 13 confirmation hearings scheduled for March 23, 2020, shall occur in-person as scheduled. Debtors represented by counsel are encouraged not to attend. The Chapter 13 motions calendar scheduled for March 24, 2020, shall be held telephonically.
Christopher S. Sontchi
Chief United States Bankruptcy Judge
Dated: March 16, 2020