February 1, 2019 – Alerts
YCST Bankruptcy Alert: Amendments to Delaware’s Local Bankruptcy Rules
YCST Bankruptcy Alert: Amendments to Delaware’s Local Bankruptcy Rules go into effect today, February 1, 2019. Some of the recent rule amendments include (but are not limited to):
- Reducing the time for service of motions under Local Rule 9006-1(c)(i) from 18 days to 14 days (LR 9006-1(c)(i)).
- Establishing that professional retention applications and final decree motions shall be heard on at least 21 days’ notice (notwithstanding the previously noted amendment to LR 9006-1(c)(i)) (LR 2014-1(b) and LR 3022-1(b)).
- Requiring that plan proponents must file any plan supplement on or before 7 days prior to the earlier of (a) the deadline for submission of ballots to vote to accept or reject a plan, or (b) the deadline to object to confirmation of the plan, unless otherwise ordered by the Court (LR 3016-2 and LR 3017-2(g)).
- Revising the deadline to object to a motion for entry of final decree in a chapter 15 case from 28 days to 30 days (LR 5009-2(b)).
- Requiring that a summons and certificate of service be filed in an adversary proceeding within 7 days after service of the summons and complaint (LR 7004-2).
- Reducing page limits for non-discovery related briefs in adversary proceedings (LR 7007-2(a)(iv)).
- Clarifying the requirements for oral argument and hearings on motions in adversary proceedings (LR 7007-3).
- Requiring an averment that a reasonable effort has been made to notify interested parties when filing a motion requesting shortened notice (LR 9006-1(e)).