Born and raised in Cape Town, South Africa, Roxanne has the ability to examine complex legal issues from a different perspective often providing valuable insight and creative solutions to clients. She focuses her practice on guiding debtors through every aspect of Chapter 11 proceedings, helping them to navigate what is often an uncertain and challenging time. She has assisted on various bankruptcy cases including filings for pharmaceutical companies, educational institutions and mass torts bankruptcies.
Roxanne joined Young Conaway following a clerkship at the Superior Court with the Hon. Jeffrey J Clark and honing her litigation skills as a worker’s compensation defense attorney. Her experience prior to law school as a journalist and instructional designer at a compliance firm helped her become an excellent researcher and writer.
In law school, she served as the Notes and Comments Editor of the Richmond Journal of Law and Technology and placed in the ABA’s National Client Counseling and Negotiation Competition. While working as a research assistant for multiple professors, she co-authored a paper on mistake in contract law with Professor David G. Epstein.
Roxanne is a local high school mock trial coach. She is fluent in English and Afrikaans and proficient in German.
- University of Richmond School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2018)
- University of Stellenbosch (Bachelor of Philosophy, cum laude, 2014)
- Journalism Honors
- University of Stellenbosch (B.A., cum laude, 2013)
- English Literature Honors
- University of Stellenbosch (BA L.L.B, 2012)
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware
- The Honorable Jeffrey Clark, Superior Court of the State of Delaware
Memberships and Affiliations
- Delaware State Bar Association, Member
- Bankruptcy Section
- Women and the Law Section