Sara Beth Kohut assists her clients with navigating the complexities of protecting mass tort (mostly asbestos) claimants in bankruptcy cases and settlement trusts. She primarily advises the legal representatives for future claimants in these matters, and also serves as counsel to several post-bankruptcy settlement trusts and service providers. Known for her creativity, thoroughness, and adaptability, Sara Beth draws on broad experience, anchored in her start as a corporate and intellectual property litigator and transactional attorney before moving into bankruptcy matters.
As issues relating to privacy, cybersecurity and data protection increasingly grew in volume and prominence for her clients, Sara Beth immersed herself into this rapidly-evolving field. She works collaboratively with her clients to craft strategies for protecting information assets, and writes and speaks frequently on data protection and technology developments.
- Mass tort bankruptcy cases and post-bankruptcy personal injury claim settlement trusts, primarily advising the legal representatives for future asbestos claimants.
- Experience also includes litigating corporate, commercial, and intellectual property disputes, and advising clients on the protection of and transactions involving intellectual property assets, such as copyrights, trademarks, domain names, and trade secrets.
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law (J.D., cum laude)
- Western Maryland College (B.A., summa cum laude)
- U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- Certified Information Privacy Manager, International Association of Privacy Professionals
- Certified Information Privacy Professional/United States, International Association of Privacy Professionals
- Certified Information Privacy Professional/Europe, International Association of Privacy Professionals
- Data Privacy and Protection Specialist, Association for Data and Cyber Governance
- Phi Beta Kappa
Memberships and Affiliations
- American Bar Association
- Delaware State Bar Association, Vice Chair of E-Discovery and Technology Law Section
- International Association of Privacy Professionals
- ABA Business Law Section’s Cyberspace Law Committee
- ABA Business Law Today, Managing Editor, Internet Law and Cybersecurity