Shella’s practice includes representing debtors, creditors, and other stakeholders in intricate restructuring transactions and all stages of bankruptcy proceedings.
Prior to joining Young Conaway, Shella sharpened her analytical, reading and writing skills, having clerked for the Hon. Christopher S. Sontchi (Ret.) of the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware and the Hon. Bruce J. Kaplan of the Superior Court of New Jersey. Throughout her time as a Judicial Law Clerk, Shella focused on multi-county litigation in the mass tort realm, and all aspects of chapter 11 bankruptcy practice.
In law school, Shella was selected as the Hon. Thomas L. Ambro Fellow for the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware, where she served as a Judicial Extern for all the Delaware Bankruptcy Judges on a rotating basis. Shella also won Widener University Delaware Law School’s President’s Award, which is awarded to one student who demonstrates high scholastic achievement and possesses high potential for meaningful contributions to the Delaware community and the profession of law. Shella’s experience and familiarity with Delaware’s Bankruptcy Court and the Delaware community provides beneficial insight to clients.
- Widener University Delaware Law School (J.D., magna cum laude, 2020)
- Montclair State University (B.A., 2017)
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware
- Honorable Bruce J. Kalpan, Superior Court of New Jersey (2020-2021)
- Honorable Christopher S. Sontchi (Ret.), United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware (2021-2022)
Memberships and Affiliations
- Delaware State Bar Association, Member