District of Delaware's New Judges Sworn In & Case Assignment Procedures Announced
The Delaware District Court announced today that Judge Colm F. Connolly and Judge Maryellen Noreika have been sworn in. The Court also published new procedures regarding the assignment and reassignment of cases.
The Court’s announcement includes the following key points:
• Judge Connolly and Judge Noreika will be assigned new cases starting next week, on August 15.
• Absent consent of the parties to the jurisdiction of a magistrate judge, cases assigned to the Vacant Judgeship docket will be reassigned to a District Judge, principally Judges Connolly and Noreika.
• The Court will phase out assignment to Visiting Judges. Currently assigned cases will either remain with their assigned Visiting Judge or be reassigned to a Delaware District Judge, principally to Judges Connolly and Noreika.
• By a date on or around Senior Judge Sleet’s retirement at the end of September 2018, Judge Sleet’s cases will be reassigned, principally to Judges Connolly and Noreika.
• The Court’s four active District Judges will receive an approximately equal share of new cases.
Read the full announcement here.