Dan Cole is passionate about business law, international law, and all things Delaware. He cares about achieving results for his clients, and is known for his persistence, pragmatism, and his ability to solve problems. His practice focuses on advising on transactional matters, governance issues, and rendering legal opinions involving Delaware entities.
Dan primarily provides guidance and opinions on deals and all pertinent aspects of the laws governing Delaware entities, regardless of the jurisdiction governing the deal itself. With a background in litigation and crafting legislation, he is in his element in statutory and contract interpretation and drafting, with an eye on creating workable solutions. Dan also assists the firm’s preeminent bankruptcy and restructuring practice with transactional matters.
Before joining Young Conaway, Dan was an associate at Delaware’s largest law firm where he provided transactional opinions and advice related to limited liability companies and limited partnerships, and he was an associate at a respected boutique Delaware firm where his practice encompassed Chancery litigation, governance, transactions, trademarks and IP protection, and trusts and estates. During law school, Dan was a law clerk intern at the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware, an associate intern at the Tokyo office of Jones Day, and worked for the Clerk of the Peace of New Castle County, Delaware.
A proud native Delawarean, Dan splits his time between Wilmington and New York City.
- Temple University Beasley School of Law (LL.M.)
- Transnational Law
- Temple University Beasley School of Law (J.D.)
- Certificate in Business Law
- Editor-in-Chief, Temple International and Comparative Law Journal
- President, Student Bar Association
- University of Delaware (B.A.)
- New York
- District of Columbia
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware
Memberships and Affiliations
- American Bar Association
- Delaware State Bar Association
- LGBT Bar Association of New York
- Delaware Art Museum — Trustee
- Temple Law Alumni Association — Secretary
- Delaware State Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section — Vice Chair
- Delaware State Bar Association, LGBTQ+ Section — Executive Committee Member-at-Large
- United Way of Delaware PRIDE Council — past Member