As the rules governing commercial real estate transactions grow ever more complex, the drafting of intricate legal documentation is key to the successful closing of any project. Developers rely on Dan Johnson to craft a wide range of agreements with their lenders, outside investors, and local government agencies involved in major real estate ventures.
Whether rendering legal opinions, creating condominium documents, or facilitating the acquisition and financing of mixed-use developments, Dan brings unusual creativity to the issues that inevitably arise in such complicated undertakings. Known for his efficiency, attention to detail, and responsiveness to onerous time constraints, he puts his clients’ projects on a sound legal footing, while maintaining the flexibility they need to see their developments through to completion.
- Local counsel for commercial real estate developers in a broad range of transactions on a local, regional, and national scope. Projects involve negotiating and participating in leases, development agreements, contracts, easements, conventional and bond related financing, opinions, and issuance of title insurance as an authorized agent for many of the national title insurance companies
- Representation of borrowers as well as lenders in a wide variety of acquisition, construction and permanent real estate financing transactions.
- Transactions include shopping centers, office buildings, industrial sites, retail, commercial, industrial, residential and mixed use development and condominium projects, public and private sector projects involving public and private schools, fire companies, public utilities, regional and national developers, state agencies and conservation groups
- Assisting the firm's Bankruptcy practice group in the disposition of real estate in large Chapter 11 cases.
- Widener University Delaware Law School (J.D.)
- University of Delaware (B.A.)
- U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Chambers USA - America's Leading Lawyers for Business, Real Estate, 2010 - Present
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Real Estate Law, 2011 - Present
- Recipient of the New Castle County Historic Review Board Historic Preservation Award for 2000
Memberships and Affiliations
- Delaware State Bar Association, Real and Personal Property Section, Past Chairman; Past Vice Chairman; Past Secretary