Joel is a problem solver that uses his substantial experience, expertise and creativity to find practical solutions to complex issues in business restructurings. Joel began his career with Young Conaway in 1990 immediately after graduating first in his class from the Washington & Lee University, School of Law and has been an instrumental part of the growth and success of the firm’s restructuring practice. He has been involved in many of the largest and most complex Chapter 11 cases filed in Delaware, representing Debtors, lenders, ad hoc committees and other parties in interest.
Joel is also actively involved in the restructuring community, including through his substantial involvement with the Association of Insolvency & Restructuring Advisors, where he has served in multiple roles, including as a long-time member of the Board of Directors and as President (June 2017-June 2018).
- Washington and Lee University School of Law (J.D., summa cum laude)
- Elizabethtown College (B.A., magna cum laude)
- U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware
- Delaware Super Lawyers®, Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights, 2007-2018
- The Best Lawyers in America®, 2019
Memberships and Affiliations
- Delaware State Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Advisors
- Board Member (2007 - present);
- Vice-President of Development (2010 – 2016);
- President Elect (2016-2017); and
- President (2017-2018)