Providing straightforward legal advice that is accurate and practical, Rich Thomas helps corporations, directors, officers, and stockholders (along with their alternative-entity equivalents) resolve complex corporate governance and commercial disputes. Rich genuinely listens to his clients in order to understand and promptly addresses their strategic needs. Both as lead and as corresponding counsel, he has efficiently and effectively guided a variety of clients through complex litigation in Delaware’s Court of Chancery and the United States District Court for the District of Delaware.
Rich also advises special committees conducting prominent internal investigations. His relevant experience includes an investigation of alleged securities law violations at a pharmaceutical company, an investigation of alleged breaches of fiduciary duties and violations of foreign and domestic employment laws at a Fortune 500 company; and an investigation concerning whether FINRA should assert claims against its existing and former directors based upon FINRA’s 2008-2009 investment losses and compensation practices.
- William & Mary Law School (J.D.)
- Brigham Young University (B.A.)
- U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware
- LTC4 eDiscovery/eDisclosure Core Competency
Memberships and Affiliations
- Delaware State Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Delaware Board of Bar Examiners, Associate Member