With over 30 years of experience, Rolin's practice focuses on assisting companies, their boards, and significant investors with counseling and litigation concerning complex Delaware corporation law issues arising from major transactions, activist campaigns, financial distress situations, and other forms of corporate crisis.
- litigation in the Delaware Court of Chancery and Delaware Supreme Court concerning mergers and acquisitions, proxy contests, directors and officers liability, and executive compensation issues;
- counseling directors, officers, special committees and stockholders on issues of merger and acquisition law, corporate and director liability, and other corporate governance issues;
- disputes concerning transactions with and governance of master limited partnerships, limited liability company and partnership agreements;
- counseling and litigation concerning the restructuring, mergers and acquisitions, and refinancing of distressed companies; and
- disputes involving complex contractual agreements such as merger agreements, asset purchase agreements, bond indentures and joint venture agreements.
He speaks and writes frequently on corporation law and related topics. He is a member of the Young Conaway’s Management Committee and the immediate past Chair of its Corporate Litigation and Counseling practice.
- University of Virginia School of Law (J.D.)
- Columbia University (A.B.)
- New York
- Best Lawyers in America®, Corporate Law, 2013-Present
- Chambers USA - America's Leading Lawyers for Business, Chancery, 2014 - Present
- Martindale Hubbell, AV Rated, 2016
- Delaware Super Lawyers®, Business and Corporate, 2014-Present
- Benchmark Litigation
- Fellow of the American College of Corporate Governance Counsel
Memberships and Affiliations
- American Bar Association, Section of Business Law, Section of International Law, and Section of Litigation, Member
- Corporate Governance Committee of the ABA Business Law Section, Co-Chair of the Sub on Governance Issues of Distressed Entities
- Delaware State Bar Association, Section of Corporation Law, Member
- Weinberg Center for Corporate Governance of the University of Delaware, 2006 to present
- Friends of the American Philosophical Society, Chair
- Society of Corporate Secretaries and Governance Professionals