The Chiefs: Past and Present and Delaware Law Update, Univ. of Delaware Lerner Business & Economics' John L. Weinberg Center for Corporate Governance
Corporate Litigation and Counseling Partner, Rolin P. Bissell, will be participating in the Delaware Law Update as part of the 2023 Weinberg Distinguished Speaker Series. The panel will explore the developments, and new open questions, that have arisen in a number of areas of corporate law. In particular, the panel will discuss:
- The Court of Chancery for the first-time applied oversight duties to officers in In re McDonald’s Corp. Stockholder Derivative Litigation, raising a host of questions for corporations and practitioners.
- Following the Court of Chancery’s decision in Garfield v. Boxed, Inc., which arose out of a de-SPAC transaction, the Court has been asked by other post-de-SPAC companies to validate hundreds of millions of shares of stock called into question by Garfield.
- The Court of Chancery set forth a new test for the independence of special committees under the MFW analysis, and that test is currently facing challenge in the Delaware Supreme Court.
- The General Assembly amended Section 102(b)(7) of Delaware’s General Corporation Law to allow exculpatory provisions for corporate officers, and the Court of Chancery is currently hearing challenges to early implementations of those exculpatory provisions.
Rolin Bissell will be joined on the panel by:
- Corinne E. Amato, Director, Prickett, Jones & Elliott
- Gary A. Bornstein, Partner, Cravath, Swaine & Moore
- Blake Rohrbacher, Director, Richards Layton & Finger (Moderator)
For additional information or to register, visit the events page at the John L. Weinberg Center for Corporate Governance: The Chiefs: Past and Present and Delaware Law Update Panel Tickets, Tue, Apr 4, 2023 at 9:45 AM | Eventbrite