When a lawyer has a reputation for going to trial, opponents take notice. With dozens and dozens of medical negligence and personal injury matters tried to verdict, Tim has earned exactly that reputation. Lawyers for the insurance companies he faces regularly know to proceed with caution.
Tim believes, with good reason, that insurance companies will not settle a case for fair value unless a jury trial is a credible threat. He makes it a point, therefore, to try as many cases as possible, and assumes that every case he takes on will be headed for a courtroom. One of his most recent trials resulted in $5,000,000.00 for a mother who lost her unborn child following an unnecessary delay in delivery.
Over the course of his career, Tim has resolved close to fifty cases for $1,000,000.00 or more through verdict and settlement, including the following multi-million dollar results:
- $10,000,000.00-to a three year old who suffered a skull fracture after the minivan she was occupying was rear-ended by a tractor-trailer
- $6,000,000.00 -to a teenager whose mother was-killed by a drunk driver
- $5,000,000.00 -to the family of college student who was killed in an accident on campus
- $3,500,000.00 -to a patient who was paralyzed due to a delay in diagnosing a spinal abscess
- $3,500,000.00 -to a family whose wife and mother was run over by a commercial motor vehicle in a parking lot
- $3,000,000.00 -to a doctor who suffered significant orthopedic injuries after being struck head-on by a commercial motor vehicle
- $3,000,000.00 -to a teenager injured in a collision with a tractor-trailer
- $1,900,000.00 - to a widow whose husband died of an undiagnosed myocardial infarction following cardiac surgery
Taking great pains to earn the trust and confidence of clients who have had their lives upended by injury or death, Tim is determined to outwork his opponents at every stage. He is known for his attention to detail, for recruiting the best expert witnesses, and for his ability to see every fact as if through the eyes of a juror.
Tim represents people throughout the State of Delaware. Despite many seven figure awards, Tim does not shy away from "smaller cases" or those against formidable opponents. For cases outside Delaware, including Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, and Maryland, he works with local attorneys in each state as applicable.
- Medical negligence
- Personal injury
- Workers compensation
- Product Liability
Visit www.YoungConawayInjuryLawyers.com to learn more.
- Rutgers School of Law (J.D., cum laude)
- University of Delaware (B.A.)
- Fellow of the American Bar Foundation
- The Best Lawyers in America® (2012 - Present)
- The Best Lawyers in America - Lawyer of the Year, 2024 and 2019: Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs, Wilmington, DE
- Philadelphia magazine, Super Lawyers (2012 - Present)
- Delaware Today magazine, Top Lawyers, Personal Injury/Medical Negligence (2010 - Present)
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Martindale Hubbell, Peer Review Rating AV Preeminent (2008 - Present)
Memberships and Affiliations
- American Board of Trial Advocates ("ABOTA"), President (2022 - 2023)
- Delaware Trial Lawyers Association, President (2012 - 2013)
- Delaware Trial Lawyers Association, Board of Governors (2004 - Present)
- American Association for Justice, Board Member (2011 - 2013)
- Rutgers Law Journal, Former Staff Member and Editor
- Rutgers University School of Law, Hunter Advanced Moot Court Competition, Finalist
- Delaware Office of the Child Advocate, Volunteer Attorney (2003 - Present)
- St. Thomas Moore Society, Lifetime Member
- Delaware State Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member