Bill has an active civil litigation practice and has represented clients in all of the Delaware state and federal courts, including the Delaware Court of Chancery, Superior Court and Supreme Court and before state agencies including the Industrial Accident Board and Environmental Appeals Board.
His practice focuses in two principal areas -- complex mass tort litigation, in which he has represented companies in the energy, industrial manufacturing and pharmaceutical industries; and, real estate litigation involving commercial lending, workouts, construction disputes, land use appeals, condemnation, foreclosures, leases and purported fair housing act violations.
His results include cases where the settlement or verdict was $1 million or higher, including, a recent verdict after trial of nearly $9,000,000 for a client in a condemnation action and whose property was taken for the construction of a public highway.
Governor’s appointee on the Council for the Delaware Association of Professional Engineers
- University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law (J.D., cum laude)
- University of Delaware (B.S., summa cum laude)
- with Honors
- Young Conaway Stargatt & Taylor, LLP - William F. Taylor Pro Bono Award
- Selected by other attorneys as a “Top Lawyer” in Delaware Today Magazine (2018)
Memberships and Affiliations
- Delaware Trial Lawyers Association
- Delaware State Bar Association, Real and Personal Property Section
- American Bar Association, Real Property, Trust and Estate Law Section
- Richard S. Rodney Inn of Court, Barrister
- Delaware Contractors Association, Member of the Executive and Government Affairs Committees
- University of Delaware, Lerner College of Business Alumni Board, Chair of the College Support Committee
- The Veterans Consortium Pro Bono Program of the U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims
- University of Delaware, guest lecturer
- "Commercial Evictions From Start to Finish," Presentation, August 2011