Matt’s background is unusually well-rounded, with a wide range of experience as counsel to debtors, ad hoc lender and noteholder committees, purchasers, and independent directors in chapter 11 proceedings and out of court restructurings, as well as the representation of foreign companies and foreign representatives in chapter 15 proceedings. In addition, Matt addresses the unique and often complex needs of portfolio companies, their fund sponsors and directors in a variety of transactional, governance, distress and other crisis situations. This extensive experience gives him a balanced perspective in connection with multi-faceted and complex restructurings.
Known for his practical approaches, Matt uses his extensive experience gained through the representation of various types of entities under different scenarios to advance client goals in complex restructurings, whether it be through consensual resolutions or litigation.
- Representation of debtors, lenders, purchasers, ad hoc lender and noteholder committees, directors and other parties in interest in out-of-court restructurings and Chapter 11 and Chapter 15 proceedings.
- Representation of portfolio companies, their fund sponsors, and directors in a variety of transactional, governance, distress and other crisis situations.
- Widener University Delaware Law School (J.D., cum laude)
- Muhlenberg College (B.A., cum laude)
- New York
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
Memberships and Affiliations
- Delaware State Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Turnaround Management Association