Front Desk Coordinator
Young Conaway Stargatt & Taylor is seeking a full-time Front Desk Coordinator to join its dynamic and high-energy Office Support Services team. The Front Desk Coordinator reports to the Human Resources Department and is responsible for managing incoming calls, greeting guests, and ensuring a positive experience for the firm’s clients and visitors. Responsibilities also include assisting other administrative departments with clerical tasks.
This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate with strong customer service and organizational skills aiming to work in a fast-paced, professional, and team-oriented environment.
Work hours are Monday through Friday from 9:30 am to 6:00 pm.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Answering and transferring calls; conversing with personnel and visitors by phone, in person, and over the paging system.
- Maintaining a professional reception area; and updating internal news announcements and firm documents.
- Scheduling conference rooms and meetings; processing invoices; managing mail courier deliveries.
- Assisting with scheduling of conference rooms for meeting; processing invoices; managing mail courier deliveries
- Assisting with the maintenance of centralized supplies and medical equipment
- Serving as a member of the firm’s emergency evacuation and medical response teams.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess strong organizational skills; will be proficient using computer applications such as Outlook, Word, and Excel; and will have relevant work experience with demonstrated abilities to:
- Work in a high-pressure, client-focused, detail-oriented, and fast-paced work environment.
- Adhere to time constraints while meeting multiple deadlines and multi-tasking; follow directions; and work independently.
- Communicate effectively with personnel and visitors both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrate a positive, self-motivated, and team-player approach in all facets of his/her work.
To be considered for this opportunity, please forward your resume to our Human Resources Department at [email protected].
Young Conaway is an Equal Opportunity EmployerView Less
Business Planning and Tax Associate
Young Conway is seeking a junior to mid-level associate for our Business Planning and Tax Section, who will assist with the growth of the firm's Delaware national trust practice and the representation of existing and new estate planning clients.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, law school and undergraduate transcripts, and writing sample via email to Stacey Funk, Legal Recruiting and Marketing Coordinator, at [email protected].View Less
Entry-Level Corporate Legal Administrative Assistant
The Corporate Legal Administrative Assistant (LAA) reports to and supports four-five attorneys and offers assistance to the section’s paralegals. The LAA will be responsible for maintaining attorneys’ filing and billing systems and communicate and coordinate scheduling with clients, prepare closing binders and important paper binders, and assist with the execution of documents.
Hours: 9:00 AM – 5:30 PM, Monday-Friday, with one hour for lunch
Essential Functions of an LAA:
- Accurately and thoroughly typing and proofreading legal documents, memoranda, correspondence and forms
- Maintaining Attorney filing system preferences and the firm’s digital records process
- Handling telephone calls and messages in professional, prompt and proficient manner and exercising good judgment
- Developing knowledge of each job assignment, required procedures, legal terminology and court filing procedures within each section and attorney group
- Developing proficiency with office and section specific applications
- Developing knowledge of file opening and closing procedures including conflict searches
- Attending classes or seminars regularly to improve knowledge and skill level
- Using time constructively, planning and prioritizing workload and meeting deadlines
- Working and interacting effectively and professionally with attorneys/supervisors, clients, outside counsel and other staff members
- Interpreting and responding to situations, problems and procedures using sound judgment; keeping attorneys/supervisors informed of any issues or questions as needed
- Creating letters and documents with minimal supervision utilizing effective verbal and written communication skills
- Adjusting to changing conditions, workload, procedures and duties
Daily responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Enter attorneys’ time
- Format, edit briefs; input TOAs and TOCs
- Make hotel and flight reservations
- Reserve conference rooms and make arrangements for the visitors, including ordering meals
- File attorneys’ emails
- Make copies; put together binders
- Perform billing
- Create CDRs
- In charge of distribution of Key Decision books
- Create shells for documents
- Excellent oral & written communication and computer skills; strong typing and proofreading skills
- College degree and previous administrative experience preferred
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multi-task and work with multiple overlapping deadlines
- Team player attitude a must
- Self-starter and motivated
To apply for the position, please submit your resume and cover letter with your salary expectation to [email protected].View Less
Help Desk Analyst
The Help Desk Analyst will be responsible for providing firm-wide front-line technology support services via telephone and automated tools; Communicate resolution to users problems; Utilize a logical, analytical and empathetic problem solving approach; Prepare and maintain documentation for the IT section for all supported applications; Possess an understanding and familiarity with working in a networked environment; Responsible for coordination and collaboration with IT Department staff as appropriate; Supported technologies include Microsoft Windows, Office suite applications in a legal context, iManage document / records management, Citrix XenDesktop, mobile device technologies, general networking and printing / scanning. Should strive to continually expand level of knowledge in supported products and platforms. The position hours entail a 37.5-hour work week with overtime providing off-hours support coverage as part of Help Desk team.
- The primary responsibility is to provide outstanding customer support.
- First point of contact for all IT / AV technical support and service issues.
- Respond to requests for technical assistance via the phone, e-mail or face to face.
- Maintain a high level of customer service by accepting and resolving technology support issues and providing proactive updates to customers.
- Track and maintain proper ticket escalation procedures for basic end-user needs and for those tickets that require engineering attention.
- Provide and receive continuous cross-training in new technologies and techniques.
- Seek ways to improve support procedures.
- Responsible for follow-up with end-users to ensure satisfaction and problem resolution.
- Act as liaison among Help Desk, IT Department and end users.
- Provide Help Desk support to all end users on Firm-wide technologies Microsoft Office, Document Management, Litigation Software, Template packages, Digital Dictation, Scanning software, Digital devices, etc.
- Communicate the resolution to users of their problems in a clear and concise manner, avoiding the use of excessive technical jargon.
- Utilize a logical, analytical and empathetic problem solving approach with all end users.
- Provide user support via firm best practices while consistently reviewing and refining methods and communications techniques.
- Prepare and maintain documentation for the IT Section for all supported applications.
- Provide one-on-one personal desk side support, coaching, and training as needed.
- Possess an understanding and familiarity with working in a networked environment.
- Develop credibility and trust with all end users.
- Exhibit enthusiasm and support for leveraging firm applications.
- Conduct crisis communications, foster user morale and address priority work efforts during system disruption / disaster recovery scenarios
- Demonstrate superior judgment, task ownership and individual / team accountability.
- Take initiative in researching and investigating IT issues.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience in transferring knowledge to non-technical staff
- Microsoft Windows
- Microsoft Office 2016 productivity suite within a legal environment
- Document Management software (iManage, Open Text, Worldox)
- Citrix XenDesktop VDI, XenApp, Receiver
- Call tracking applications such as Footprints, Track-It!, SMS, Heat, etc.
- Document Comparison Software, e.g. Workshare Professional, CompareDocs
- Legal Specific Practice Applications, e.g. IPRO Eclipse. CaseMap
- Basic Knowledge of Desktop Hardware and Printers
- Fundamental understanding of legal services business
- Demonstrated team player
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment with availability to work overtime as required
To be considered for the position, please submit your resume and salary requirements to [email protected].View Less
Bankruptcy and Restructuring Associates
Young Conaway is seeking motivated junior-level attorneys with approximately one to three years of transferable experience to join our Bankruptcy and Restructuring Section.
Associates will work closely with firm attorneys, co-counsel, and clients to provide guidance, advice, and litigation support in both in- and out-of-court complex corporate restructuring. Delaware bar admission is preferred, but candidates willing to take the 2019 Delaware Bar Exam will also be considered.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, law school and undergraduate transcripts, and writing sample via email to Stacey Funk, Legal Recruiting and Marketing Coordinator, at [email protected]View Less