Personal Injury Paralegal/Legal Administrative Assistant
Paralegal/LAA provides a full-cycle case management and support; reports to and works with the attorney(s) on the cases within the Personal Injury section.
Schedule: 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
- New client intakes and factual case investigation
- Direct client contact; office appointments, discovery, case monitoring
- Medical records requests; review and organization
- Investigative document requests – Police Reports, FOIA requests
- Case outlines strategy with attorney
- Cultivate relationships with case specific medical, economic & forensic experts
- Proficient in Microsoft Word for preparation of correspondence, pleadings, etc.
- Manage client insurance matters (PIP, healthcare liens, Medicare, Medicaid)
- Demand package and/or medical expense exhibits
- Settlement negotiations in conjunction with supervising attorney
- Negotiate healthcare liens post-settlement
- Pleading preparation; initial suit papers, discovery request or responses, motions, affidavits, petitions, etc.
- Deposition outline, summaries, strategy as needed in conjunction with supervising attorney
- Mediation Statements and related ADR matters
- Trial preparation for pre-trial and post-trial pleadings
- Assist attorneys in preparation for trial. Maintain case calendar. Prepare necessary case files. Attend trial hearings.
- Arrange for service of summonses and subpoenas
- Document production; typing from handwritten copies, dictation software, and voice-mails;
- Compose blacklines comparing two documents; convert MS Word to PDF/PDF to MS Word documents.
- Type and proofread medical documents, legal descriptions, memoranda, correspondence, articles, forms and emails.
- Monitor all activity in assigned cases and respond accordingly, i.e. calendaring, updates to distribution lists, etc.
- Send faxes, make copies, scan and import documents into FileSite, send mail by FedEx, Certified Mail, Hand Delivery.
- E-file with Superior Court & Court of Common Pleas.
- Perform basic accounting procedures and billing.
- Adjust to changing conditions, workload, procedures and duties.
- Personal Injury Paralegal experience – 2-4 years.
- A college degree required.
- Strong technology skills with demonstrated ability to meet deadlines. Proven ability to multi-task, communicate clearly in writing and verbally, and to work as part of a team, as well as independently.
- Attention to detail; organization skills; flexibility and dependability; motivation.
- Availability for overtime.
We offer a beautiful facility; competitive pay, generous benefit package and paid time off, parking/commuting allowance and a professional environment with numerous opportunities for experience and development. Please e-mail your resume and salary requirements to [email protected]View Less
Intellectual Property Associates
Young Conaway is seeking attorneys to join its expanding intellectual property litigation practice area.
Associates will work closely with firm attorneys, co-counsel, and national and regional clients to handle complex intellectual property disputes in Delaware’s federal and state courts. Applicants should have impressive academic credentials and a demonstrated interest in intellectual property litigation. Delaware bar admission is preferred, but candidates willing to take the 2020 Delaware Bar Exam will also be considered.
Interested candidates should submit their cover letter, resume, law school and undergraduate transcripts, and writing sample to Stacey Funk, Legal Recruiting Coordinator, at [email protected].View Less