Entry-Level Commercial Litigation Legal Assistant
The Commercial Litigation section has an entry-level Legal Assistant position that offers an excellent opportunity for orientation, training and practical work experience in a legal environment. In this position, you will be providing complex litigation and trial support for the section’s cases and attorneys. The work is fast-paced and deadline-driven. Part-time schedule working 17.5 hours per week: Monday through Friday, 4 pm-7:30 pm. Some weekends and extra hours during trial times are possible.
Daily responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Factual research
- Preparation and circulation of pleadings
- Confirming critical court dates and deadlines
- Daily case detail management
- Any other tasks as assigned
- Must be enrolled in college/on a path to a degree
- Schedule flexibility
- Superior attention to detail and organizational skills
- Proven ability to:
- withstand high-pressure, fast-paced work environment
- adhere to time constraints and meet multiple deadlines
- follow instructions
- work independently
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Computer savvy
- Efficiency and speed
- Interest in learning
- Team player, self-starter and motivated
To be considered, submit your resume and salary requirement to [email protected]View Less
The Payroll Coordinator reports to the Accounting Supervisor and Director of Accounting and Finance and works in close contact with the Human Resources Department; handles all the firm’s payroll-related functions. This includes processing payroll, taxation forms and benefits, as well as maintaining employee data, handling payroll questions and completing any other tasks necessary for monitoring and overseeing the firm’s payroll process.
This is a non-exempt, full-time position, with 8:30 am-5 pm schedule and occasional later shift on a rotating basis for coverage.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Analyze, prepare and input payroll data for a semi-monthly payroll for approximately 215 employees in compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
- Audit time and attendance aspects of HRIS for integrity.
- Process separate payrolls on an as-needed basis, including special bonus runs.
- Facilitate and ensure appropriate distribution of all year-end tax documents.
- Participate in annual Workers Compensation and 401K compliance audits.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports for management.
- Work closely with Finance team on journal entries, account reconciliations and general ledger support.
- Assist with employee compensation and benefits portion of the annual budget preparation process.
- Calculate and account for exception pay, where warranted, for PTO, Short-Term Disability and other forms of non-working pay.
- Stay abreast of all relevant changes and trends in the law and the industry, making recommendations about process improvements and compliance requirements.
- Other payroll-related duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Accounting, Finance or Business
- 3-7 years of Payroll experience
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication and customer service skills; able to work well with all levels of personnel
- Able to work in a team environment, as well as independently
- Strong technology skills
To be considered, please submit your resume and salary requiremenst to [email protected].View Less
Business Planning and Tax Associate
Young Conway is seeking a junior to mid-level associate for our Business Planning and Tax Section, who will assist with the growth of the firm's Delaware national trust practice and the representation of existing and new estate planning clients.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, law school and undergraduate transcripts, and writing sample via email to Stacey Funk, Legal Recruiting and Marketing Coordinator, at [email protected].View Less
Bankruptcy and Restructuring Associates
Young Conaway is seeking motivated junior-level attorneys with approximately one to three years of transferable experience to join our Bankruptcy and Restructuring Section.
Associates will work closely with firm attorneys, co-counsel, and clients to provide guidance, advice, and litigation support in both in- and out-of-court complex corporate restructuring. Delaware bar admission is preferred, but candidates willing to take the 2019 Delaware Bar Exam will also be considered.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, law school and undergraduate transcripts, and writing sample via email to Stacey Funk, Legal Recruiting and Marketing Coordinator, at [email protected]View Less