Adam chairs the firm's Intellectual Property Litigation practice and co-chairs the firm’s Trade Secret and Employee Mobility practice. He is an experienced commercial litigator having litigated cases in federal and state courts for almost twenty years. Adam’s practice focuses on disputes involving patent infringement, trademark and trade dress infringement, trade secret misappropriation, licensing agreements, fraud and other complex commercial issues.
As lead litigation counsel, Adam has handled cases involving a wide variety of subject matter and technologies, including GPS locator beacons, back-up and restore software, direct I/O device communication software and related hardware, automated music selection software, automated tax preparation software and medical staffing software.
As Delaware counsel, Adam has partnered with out-of-state counsel on more than 200 cases before the District Court for the District of Delaware. He has been ranked as a leading practitioner by Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business for the past six years.
Before joining Young Conaway, Adam served as a law clerk to the Honorable Roderick R. McKelvie of the United States District Court for the District of Delaware.
Adam has represented on a pro bono basis veterans before the U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims. He is a Past President of the Delaware Chapter of the Villanova Law School Alumni Association.
- Villanova University Charles Widger School of Law (J.D.)
- University of Delaware (B.A.)
- U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- Chambers USA - America's Leading Lawyers for Business, Intellectual Property, 2013-Present
- Managing Intellectual Property - IP Stars, 2013 - Present
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Litigation - Intellectual Property, 2019
Memberships and Affiliations
- Delaware Chapter of the Federal Bar Association, Member
- Delaware State Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Veteran's Pro Bono Consortium, Volunteer Attorney
- Delaware Chapter of the Villanova Law School Alumni Association, Past Board Member
- Delaware New Lawyers Distinguished Service Award Committee, Past Member
- Honorable Roderick R. McKelvie of the United States District Court for the District of Delaware