Anne Shea Gaza has been successfully litigating intellectual property and complex commercial cases for almost two decades. With meticulous attention to detail and big picture strategic vision, Ms. Gaza represents national and international clients in Delaware’s state and federal courts. She has represented both plaintiffs and defendants in a diverse range of industries and technologies.
Ms. Gaza also advises clients on the various e-discovery standards and practices across the courts. She has developed an in-depth understanding of electronic discovery and served on the United States District Court for the District of Delaware’s Ad Hoc Committee on E-Discovery (responsible for drafting the Court’s Default Standard for Discover. Including Discovery of Electronically Stored Information).
In 2014, she was appointed by the Delaware Supreme Court to its Commission on Law & Technology and is a member of the Technology Inn of Court. In addition to serving as an advocate for her clients in the courtroom, Ms. Gaza has extensive experience with alternative dispute resolution, particularly court-directed and private mediation. She also serves as a neutral arbitrator in both intellectual property and complex commercial matters. She serves as an appointed arbitrator through the American Arbitration Association (AAA).
An accomplished author, Ms. Gaza is also a member of the editorial board for the Federal Bar Association’s magazine The Federal Lawyer. She is also a frequent speaker with federal and state court judges and local practitioners on industry related topics as well as ethics and professionalism. Ms. Gaza is a member of the Board of Bar Examiners for the State of Delaware and serves as co-chair of the firm’s Diversity Committee. With an AV-Preeminent peer review rating from Martindale-Hubbell, she was selected as a 2014 Women Leaders in the Law and profiled in a special section of Fortune magazine.
While in law school, Ms. Gaza served on the Journal of Law & Commerce. She also served as a judicial extern for the Honorable Carol Los Mansmann, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.
U.S. District Court Ad Hoc Committee for E-Discovery
U.S. Magistrate Judge Merit Selection Panel, appointed by the Judges of the United States District Court for the District of Delaware, Member
U.S. Magistrate Judge Retention Panel for the Reappointment of Magistrate Judge Mary Pat Thynge, appointed by the Judges of the United States District Court for the District of Delaware, Member
Federal Bar Association, The Federal Lawyer, Editorial Board Member
Federal Bar Association, Delaware Chapter, Past President and Past National Representative
Board of Bar Examiners of the State of Delaware
Delaware Supreme Court Commission on Law & Technology
Steering Committee for the Vincent A. Bifferato Sr. Superior Court Trial Practice Forum, Member
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law (J.D.)
- Moravian College (B.A., cum laude)
- with Honors in Political Science
- U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- Commendation, presented by the Judges of the United States District Court for the District of Delaware
- Caleb R. Layton, III Service Award, presented by the Judges of the United States District Court for the District of Delaware
- Benchmark Litigation
- The Best Lawyers in America®
- Chambers USA - Leading Lawyers for Business
- Delaware Super Lawyers®
- 2014 and 2015 Women Leaders in the Law – featured in Fortune magazine
- IAM Patent 1000
- Corporate International Magazine Global Award: IP Litigation Law Firm of the Year-Delaware, 2014 and 2015
- ALM Media Go-To Law Firm
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV Preeminent® peer review rating
- Commendation Medal, United States Air Force
Memberships and Affiliations
- American Bar Foundation, Fellow and Delaware State Chair
- Litigation Counsel of America, Fellow
- Federal Bar Association, Delaware Chapter
- American Bar Association
- Delaware State Bar Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Minority Corporate Counsel Association, Firm Affiliate Network Member
- National Association of Women Lawyers
- National Association of Professional Women
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association