Jim Higgins represents clients in complex commercial and intellectual property litigation in the federal and state courts in Delaware. As an integral member of litigation teams handling complex disputes, Jim collaborates with in-house counsel from some of the nation’s most successful companies, as well as with senior attorneys from major U.S. law firms, to develop and efficiently execute litigation strategies aimed at furthering clients’ business goals.
Jim has experience litigating patent disputes across a broad spectrum of technologies, including pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, medical devices, industrial manufacturing devices, cellular communications, and software. Jim also has experience litigating fiduciary duty, fraud, and trust disputes in the Court of Chancery. In guiding clients and co-counsel through the litigation process in Delaware, Jim’s strategic instincts and valuable insight help litigation teams to think through cases at a high level, to maintain an eye on the big picture, and to collaborate effectively to achieve successful outcomes.
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law (J.D.)
- Duke University (B.A.)
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- LTC4 eDiscovery/eDisclosure Core Competency
Memberships and Affiliations
- Delaware State Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Intellectual Property and Litigation Sections, Member
- Federal Bar Association, Delaware Chapter of the Federal Bar Association, Member