Joe’s wide-ranging bankruptcy experience allows him to craft practical solutions to complex problems. Joe has represented diverse clients through the chapter 11 process, including some of the most well-known retailers and high profile companies to recently undertake restructuring initiatives. He has represented debtors, lenders, purchasers, and official committees of unsecured creditors as both lead and co-counsel. Clients and co-counsel regularly rely upon Joe’s insight and guidance with the Delaware Bankruptcy Court system, judges, and local rules.
Joe received his undergraduate degree from Muhlenberg College and graduated magna cum laude from Widener University Delaware Law School, where he was an articles editor for the Delaware Journal of Corporate Law and a member of the Transactional Law Honor Society. He served as a law clerk for the Delaware bankruptcy court for Judge Brendan L. Shannon, Judge Kevin Gross, Judge Laurie S. Silverstein and Judge Peter J. Walsh (retired); a judicial extern for the Delaware Supreme Court for Chief Justice Myron T. Steele (retired) and Justice Henry DuPont Ridgely (retired); and a federal judicial intern for Judge Mary F. Walrath at the Delaware bankruptcy court.
Joe is a member of the Delaware, New York, and Pennsylvania state bars.
- Widener University Delaware Law School (J.D., magna cum laude, 2014)
- Muhlenberg College (B.A., 2011)
- Delaware, 2014
- New York, 2022
- Pennsylvania, 2015
- Law clerk (Bankr. D. Del., 2014-15)
- Judicial extern (Del. Sup. Ct. 2013-14)
- Federal judicial extern, Judge Mary F. Walrath (Bankr. D. Del. 2013)
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Bankruptcy and Creditor-Debtor Rights Law, 2020 edition
Memberships and Affiliations
- Turnaround Management Association