Mike specializes in representing public and private schools in a variety of student and employment matters, including special education disputes, student rights and discipline, McKinney-Vento, school policies and procedures, and staff termination issues. In particular, Mike has represented school districts in special education disputes in both administrative due process hearings and federal and state courts.
Similarly, Mike has handled numerous student rights' issues, including complex disputes over students' free speech rights as well as discipline issues such as search and seizure and expulsion hearings and appeals. He also works with school administrators to develop or revise policies and procedures and provides school staff development and training on a wide variety of topics.
Mike also has extensive experience representing private and public employers at the negotiation table. He advises management during labor negotiations, union campaigns, and binding interest arbitration matters. Mike represents police departments in trial board hearings under the Law Enforcement Officers' Bill of Rights, as well as counsels various departments on disciplinary policies and procedures.
- Duke University School of Law (J.D.)
- Washington College (B.A., magna cum laude)
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- Recipient of the 2011 Theodore Roosevelt Leadership Award (Environmental Protection)
Memberships and Affiliations
- Delaware State Bar Association, Labor and Employment Section, Member
- American Bar Association, Labor and Employment Section, Member
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Education Law Association