Chair of Young Conaway’s Bankruptcy and Corporate Restructuring Practice, Pauline Morgan handles a broad diversity of restructuring matters and represents the full range of participants in corporate bankruptcy cases and out-of-court restructurings – debtors, secured and unsecured creditors, official and unofficial committees of creditors, and purchasers of distressed assets. Debtors and creditors alike trust Pauline’s advice and good judgment and appreciate her commitment to finding a practical solution to complex problems. In a practice spanning three decades, Pauline has played an instrumental role in some of the largest, most high profile chapter 11 cases in the country.
In addition to serving as Chair of the firm’s Bankruptcy and Corporate Restructuring Practice, Pauline has also served as a member of the firm’s Management Committee since 2011.
REPRESENTATIVE BANKRUPTCY MATTERS:
Pauline has served as debtor’s counsel to many large public and private companies, including:
- The Bon-Ton Stores
- Performance Sports Group
- Takata Corporation (chapter 15 debtor)
- Eastman Kodak
- Ascent Resources Marcellus Holdings
- Modular Space Corporation
- Nuverra Environmental Solutions
- Coldwater Creek
- GateHouse Media
- Buffets Holdings, Inc.
Pauline has also represented many official and unofficial committees of secured and unsecured creditors in large chapter 11 cases, including:
- Energy Future Holdings Corp.
- Paragon Offshore PLC
- Dendreon Corporation
- Exide Technologies
She also regularly represents agents and lenders under pre- and post-petition secured credit facilities including, most recently, the pre- and post-petition lenders of M&G USA Corporation, Charming Charlie LLC, GST AutoLeather and Optim Energy.
APPOINTMENTS AND PUBLICATIONS:
Pauline was appointed by the Chief Judge of the Third Circuit Court of Appeals to serve on the most recent Merit Selection Committee for bankruptcy judges in the District of Delaware. She also serves, along with the Honorable Kevin J. Carey, as a contributing author for the commercial provisions of the Colliers Forms Manual.
Ms. Morgan has been recognized by The Best Lawyers of America® and Who’s Who Legal as a leading restructuring and insolvency lawyer, and she is ranked in the top tier by Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, which noted that she is “a highly respected figure” and “one of the leading lights” in the Delaware market.
In 2015, Ms. Morgan was inducted as a Fellow of the American College of Bankruptcy.
- University of Pennsylvania Law School (J.D.)
- Duquesne University (B.A., cum laude)
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- Chambers USA - America's Leading Lawyers for Business, Bankruptcy/Restructuring, 2006 - Present
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Bankruptcy and Creditor-Debtor Rights Law, 2007- Present
- Delaware Super Lawyers®, Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights, 2007 - Present
- Female Powerbroker, Law 360, 2014
Memberships and Affiliations
- Delaware, New York, Pennsylvania and New Jersey bars
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Turnaround Management Association
- Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Advisors
- International Women’s Insolvency & Restructuring Federation