Rob Vrana practices in the firm’s Intellectual Property and Litigation and Trial Practice groups. Rob’s lifelong interest in musical performance led him to both courtroom practice and a focus on intellectual property considerations affecting creators, inventors, and businesses. Rob assists clients with their intellectual property concerns ranging from litigating patent infringement disputes to counseling on protections for copyrights, trademarks, and trade secrets. Rob also has varied experience with other types of commercial disputes, including litigating in various state and federal trial courts and managing complex discovery.
Rob regularly serves as lead or Delaware counsel in patent and trademark cases in the District of Delaware and has experience in a wide variety of industries, including pharmaceuticals, medical devices, software, networking, and blockchain technology. Rob is also experienced in handling trade secret matters, copyright matters, contract disputes, and other complex commercial matters in the Delaware Court of Chancery and the Delaware Superior Court Complex Commercial Litigation Division. Clients also rely on Rob’s experience advising on the protection of copyrights, trademarks, domain names, and trade secrets, as well as transactions involving such intellectual property, including licensing, bankruptcy, and trademark prosecution and clearance.
Rob has an active pro bono practice, including representing children in Delaware Family Court as an attorney guardian ad litem, representing a mother in a Delaware Family Court contested guardianship petition, representing a criminal defendant charged with drug dealing and gang participation in Delaware Superior Court, and representing a pretrial detainee held in state prison in a civil rights case through the District of Delaware’s Federal Civil Panel. Rob is also an Associate Member of the Board of Bar Examiners of the Delaware Supreme Court and the managing editor of Young Conaway’s Delaware IP Law Blog.
- Washington and Lee University School of Law (J.D., cum laude)
- Washington & Lee Law Review, Symposium Editor
- University of Pennsylvania (B.A.)
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- William F. Taylor Award for exemplary pro bono legal service
- Washington & Lee University Burks Scholar
- LTC4 eDiscovery/eDisclosure Core Competency
Memberships and Affiliations
- Delaware Chapter of the Federal Bar Association, Member
- Delaware State Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Omicron Delta Kappa National Leadership Honor Society
- Phi Delta Phi International Legal Honors Fraternity