To Sean Beach any corporate restructuring situation is an opportunity to dive deeply, and usually quickly, into the inner workings of a business and the concerns of its key stakeholders. Each industry poses its own set of challenges, and the various companies within that industry present both broad contrasts and subtle nuances, all of which must be absorbed in the course of a well thought-out restructuring. He has steered distressed companies and their creditors to optimal outcomes in a wide range of industries, including energy, retail, mortgage lending and servicing, healthcare, manufacturing and technology.
He knows well the pressures facing directors and officers — whether on the debtor or creditor side — and his clients rely on him to help manage those issues while navigating the strategic and tactical complexities of a time-sensitive restructuring, in or out of bankruptcy. In an environment of multiple competing interests, he is known for being as aggressive or as flexible as the situation calls for, and for arriving at the best available litigated result or deal for his clients. As lead counsel or co-counsel, primarily in Delaware and New York, this versatility proves a valuable strategic resource for his clients, many of whom are facing a potential bankruptcy for the first time.
Sean also leads Young Conaway’s Technology Committee and co-chairs its Diversity Committee.
Representation, in and out of bankruptcy proceedings, of:
- Secured lenders
- Bondholder groups
- Unsecured creditor committees
- Court-appointed settlement monitors or trustees
- Special committees
- Boards and independent directors
- Buyers and significant creditors in chapter 11 proceedings. .
- Hofstra University School of Law (J.D.)
- Rutgers University (B.A.)
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- Chambers USA - America's Leading Lawyers for Business, Bankruptcy/Restructuring, 2012 - Present
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent Rating™
Memberships and Affiliations
- Delaware State Bar Association (Member, Sections on Bankruptcy; Litigation)
- American Bar Association (Member, Sections on Business Law; Litigation)
- New York State Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Turnaround Management Association