Mike is Vice-Chairman of the Firm, a member of the Firm’s Management Committee, co-head of the Firm’s Portfolio Company Management Group, and head of the Firm’s New York Office. With more than 25 years of corporate restructuring experience, Mike has developed a niche advising portfolio companies, private equity funds and financial institutions regarding management and governance issues in the context of distressed and conflicted transactions. Mike regularly conducts “road show” presentations for clients, law firms, private equity funds, and financial advisory firms that feature in-depth analyses regarding emerging issues in the restructuring and corporate governance expertise, with a primary focus on companies in distress.
Since 2006, clients and colleagues interviewed by Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business have ranked Mike as a leading Bankruptcy/Restructuring attorney, noting that he is a "terrific strategist," a "bright lawyer and an excellent negotiator" possessing “incredible business sense,” “a great negotiator and unflappable in court,” and a “deal oriented” leader with "integrity, good people skills, and a common sense approach.” In addition, Mike has been consistently recognized by The Best Lawyers in America ®, The Deal ®, Delaware Super Lawyers ®, Corporate Counsel ® and Who’s Who Legal (Insolvency & Restructuring) as one of the top bankruptcy lawyers in Delaware and the country.
Restructuring of companies ranging in size from large publicly-held companies to small privately-held companies.
Representation of private equity funds, plan sponsors, lenders and all other significant parties involved in the restructuring process.
Advising private equity funds regarding the management, acquisitions/divestitures and governance of their distressed portfolio companies.
Combining corporate governance advice with significant debtor-side experience to provide funds, investors and friends with state of the law guidance on portfolio company management in a manner that maximizes value, limits liability and enhances certainty.
- Widener University Delaware Law School (J.D.)
- University of Maryland (B.A.)
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business, Bankruptcy/Restructuring, 2006 - Present
- The Best Lawyers in America ®, Bankruptcy and Creditor/Debtor Law, 2008 - Present
- The Deal ®, Leading Bankruptcy Tables, 2006 - Present
- Delaware Super Lawyers ®, Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights, 2008 - Present
- Who's Who Legal, (Insolvency & Restructuring), 2014 - 2016
- 2015 Law360 Bankruptcy Advisor Editorial Board
- Turnaround Management Association, Education Oversight Committee
Memberships and Affiliations
- American Bankruptcy Institute, Member
- American Bankruptcy Institute Volo Circuit Court Opinion First Responder, Editorial Board
- American Bar Association, Member
- Delaware State Bar Association, Member
- Turnaround Management Association, Member
- Philadelphia Chapter, Turnaround Management Association, Former Board Member