The intersection of law and medicine is never more pronounced than in a medical negligence lawsuit. As a lawyer who has tried many such cases, Neilli Walsh is known for the depth and breadth of her medical knowledge, and for her ability to convey that knowledge in the courtroom. Endlessly curious about medical issues, her practice frequently involves deep dives into areas of medicine normally reserved for physicians alone, and she regularly engages the finest expert witnesses in their respective specialties.
The proliferation of these specialties, and of the doctors who practice them, has become, Neilli believes, a contributing factor in the rise of medical negligence cases. The more specialists involved in a case, the more difficult coordination among them becomes. This, in turn, increases the chance of a miscommunication that can lead to serious, even fatal, mistakes. The need to rectify those mistakes — to bring a measure of normality back to the victims — is what drives her professionally.
Neilli is more hands-on than most lawyers — she answers her own phone and rarely delegates interactions with her clients. She is fully aware of, and sensitive to, the dire circumstances of those clients. She knows that for many of them, no legal outcome will truly be satisfying — their lives have been upended, after all — so she takes great care to listen to their problems, manage their expectations, and formulate a successful courtroom strategy.
- Medical negligence
- Automobile accidents
Visit www.YoungConawayInjuryLawyers.com to learn more.
- Washington and Lee University School of Law (J.D.)
- University of Notre Dame (B.A.)
- New Jersey
- Superior Court of the State of Delaware
- U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Personal Injury Litigation, Medical Malpractice Law, 1999 - Present
- Women in the Law, The Best Lawyers in America®, Medical Malpractice and Personal Injury Litigation, 2021
- Delaware Super Lawyers®, Personal Injury Plaintiff: General and Medical Malpractice, 2007-2010, 2012-Present
Memberships and Affiliations
- American Bar Association, Member
- Delaware State Bar Association, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Delaware Trial Lawyers Association, Member and Former Board Member
- Delaware Supreme Court Rules Committee, Member
- Delaware Supreme Court Rules of Evidence Subcommittee, Member
- Delaware Supreme Court Work/Life Balance Committee, Former Member
- Delaware Minority Job Fair, Former Chair
- Archmere Academy Mother's Guild, Vice-President
- Archmere Academy Mock Trial Team, Coach
- Archmere Academy Board of Trustees, Trustee (July 2015 – June 2021)
- Archmere Academy Governance Committee, Former Chair
- Archmere Academy Strategic Planning Committee, Former Member
- Archmere Ad Hoc Committee on Tuition, Former Member
- Serviam Girls Academy Board of Directors, Vice Chair and Member
- Serviam Girls Academy Board of Directors Executive Committee, Member
- Serviam Girls Academy Committee on Directors, Member